The Greeneville City Schools uses AirWatch for Mobile Device Management (MDM). An MDM allows us to easily deploy and configure mobile devices. It allows us to push applications as well as settings. We are able to locate and/or wipe a device in the event it is lost or stolen.
It is critical that all mobile devices be registered to our MDM.
To register your device:
- Open http://mdm.gcschools.net on your device
- You will be asked to select a group. You should enter the home building for the device (GCOC, KLAO, GMS, GHS, EV, TV, HI, HH, GTC)
1-SelectGroup.PNG [ 93.78 KiB | Viewed 23039 times ]
- At some buildings, the next screen will ask for a sub-group. If asked, select the appropriate group. Administrators should select the general group for their building
- You will be asked for your credentials. If this is a dedicated device, enter your credentials (username/password). If this is a student device, use the generic building login
2-EnterCredentials.PNG [ 98.53 KiB | Viewed 23039 times ]
- You will be asked for an asset number. Enter the GCS asset number for the device. You should enter the 10-digit phone number for mobile phones
3-EnterAssetNumber.PNG [ 107.56 KiB | Viewed 23039 times ]
- After a moment, you will be asked to install a profile. Click Install in the upper right-hand corner
4-Install Profile.PNG [ 78.37 KiB | Viewed 23039 times ]
- You will be warned what installing the profile entails. Click Install again
5-UserWarning.PNG [ 82.32 KiB | Viewed 23039 times ]
- You will be asked to trust the remote management source. Tap Trust
6-TrustRemoteManagement.PNG [ 87.27 KiB | Viewed 23039 times ]
- After a moment you will be notified the profile has been installed. Click Done in the upper right corner
7-ProfileInstalled.PNG [ 74.81 KiB | Viewed 23039 times ]
- You will be returned to the enrollment screen and notified that the process has completed
8-Finished.PNG [ 73.44 KiB | Viewed 23039 times ]
- You may resume using the device. Over the next few moments, you will be prompted to install apps that are being pushed from the server. Allow the apps to install. You may be prompted for your iTunes credentials. If so, enter them.