- Chrome is the browser that I use 90% of the time that I’m on the web. Chrome for iPad is my browser of choice because I can sync all of my tabs from my laptop and desktop to my iPad browsing experience.
- DaVinci Note and Haiku Deck are apps that enable anyone to create beautiful slide presentations. There are two features of Haiku Deck that stand out. First, Haiku Deck intentionally limits how much text that you can put on each of your slides. Second, Haiku Deck helps you find Creative Commons licensed images for your presentations. When you type a word or words on your slides you can have Haiku Deck search for images for you. The images that Haiku Deck serves up are large enough to completely fill your slide. You can also upload your own images from your iPad or import images from Instagram and Facebook. DaVinci note allows you to email your note and creates an online link for you to post.
- Splashtop lets you control your computer using your iPad.
Socrative has built-in exit tickets and allows you to create quizzes and even have group competitions. Easy and free. Use with cell phones or computers.
- NearPod lets you sync your nearpod presentations with six other devices free. More devices cost money.
- If you want to make your own short instructional videos for students, Knowmia Teach is an app you have to try. Some of the highlights of Knowmia Teach app include the option to use your iPad’s camera to record yourself while drawing on the whiteboard. You will appear in the corner of the screen so that your students can see you while you’re talking them through the lesson. The app includes the option to import images and graphics from your iPad to your lessons. You can draw free-hand on the whiteboard screen, type on the whiteboard screen, and insert pre-made shapes and figures.
- One New Year’s resolution could be to watch one TED Talk a day to expose yourself to new ways of looking at the world. This year I plan on using TED Talks once a week in my classes for the same purpose. The TED Talk iPad app allows you to search for new talks, organize playlists and watch your favorite talks on you iPad.
- Prezi for iPad